Thursday, December 13, 2012

As I walk down the stairs from the office to the AP courtyard, I hear the sound of happy laughter, the buzz of voices and the strum of a guitar. Friday is a calm day here at AP, the children relax downstairs without the constant bustle of extra-classes and initiate rowdy volleyball matches or practice karate. As I step off the last stair I'm welcomed into the warm family scene of Cheng sitting on the bench strumming a guitar soulfully, SreyNat staring into the distance with her arms encircling her knees and Roth sitting ensconced in a black towel, his eyes scrunched up as Makara takes the trimmer to his wild thatch of hair. As I sit with them, happy to just exist in this moment turned golden by the evening light, I recall a quote about family that seems to fit the sentiment perfectly: 

"My home is not a place; it is people." 
- Lois McMaster Bujold 
 --
Mandolyn 
Communications Director

No comments:

Post a Comment