Saturday, January 12, 2013

January Newsletter Sneak Peek!

The lives of each of the AP residents were intrinsically changed the moment they walked through the colorfully painted gates at Aziza's Place. As they come of age today, it's important for them to take a moment and reflect on the journey they took to get where they are now. 

 "I’m Ven, I’m 18 years old. I have 3 sisters and 2 brothers. My Mom took us to Steung Mean Chey to make money, but we knew nothing about it. See every day we had to pick the trash and take it to sell. I can make 1,500 riel for one day, but it's too hard to get 1,500 and too dangerous. I wanted to go to school, but I can't because we had no money. Then one day I met Nader..."

To read more excerpts written by the older AP residents, keep you eye open for our next AP newsletter!

No comments:

Post a Comment